Sunday 28 March 2021

Jigsaw puzzle - day 2


Pieces sorted - 3000 
Pieces to sort - 15000 
Pieces placed - 0 
Pieces to place - 18000

The numbers in the box are getting fewer!


Well, it doesn't look quite so bad if I make a burrow at one end. I am a sixth of the way through now, so at this rate it will take 12 days to sort. I'll live with that.


The strategy for sorting is just as I said on Friday - start with six trays and tip to microwave boxes and then to bags. The yellow and green pieces have one overflow to the bag already. Will this strategy continue to work? I don't think so, but it should get me at least half way. 

I'm going at about 1500 pieces a day, so sorting should take another eight days - seven if I can see a light at the end of the tunnel to finish at the weekend. What will I do then? I'll probably look at a colour which has about 2000 pieces as a starting point. That should fit on the living room table, and if the Christmas target is to be achieved, should take four weeks or less. By that time the bookcase should have arrived.

Next update - all being well - Tuesday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment